How to make a good seal with a clamp?
A connection consists of three parts, the coupling, the hose and the clamp. Each of these three parts can be influenced by various things.
- The flexibility of the clamp itself ensuring that the radial force is divided evenly.
- The friction within the clamp, which has to be as low as possible.
- The material of the inner and outer hose or tube.
- The dimensions of the clamped item, as a larger item requires more sqmm to fill the barbs.
- Pressure, which will affect the seal when the seal is not applied properly.